For the client we are looking for a network engineer who will be part of a high-performance project team, migrating the global infrastructure to a hybrid cloud solution based on Azure, and will be able to have a pivotal role on a global first-mover project.
The Network Engineer is the owner of all technical aspects of the network transformation, which is necessary to facilitate the migration of the infrastructure to a hybrid cloud setup based on Microsoft Azure.
- Understanding and verifying the configuration and state of the as-is WAN infrastructure, for both MPLS and Internet links on all sites as well as routers and other supporting equipment
- Determining the bandwidth and equipment upgrades required to transform the infrastructure to a hybrid cloud solution. Specifically, the Network Engineer must analyze the as-is connectivity of each site, estimate the required bandwidth in the future setup and support the procurement of the required connectivity and equipment upgrades
- Understanding and communicating the architectural impact of the transformation. This includes understanding, optimizing and troubleshooting the connectivity between Azure data centers as well as between Azure and on-premise data centers
- Senior-level experience with global WAN infrastructures based on Cisco equipment is a must
- Experience with WAN connectivity to/in Azure (ExpressRoute and vNet peering) is an advantage
- Fluid English in verbal and writing is a must
Central region, Jutland - Denmark
Min. 5 years of professional IT experience.